Ubuntu 11.04 Translations Plans

Fran Dieguez listas at mabishu.com
Thu Sep 16 23:43:57 BST 2010

I have three ideas for better user experience and for improve getting
translations back to upstream.

I'm coordinating the Galician translators team of GNOME, and I found a
lot of strings that have been changed in Launchpad, some of them were
bugfixes  unreported upstream. So to improve this I propose:

 - Group diferent templates from the
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+lang/gl page by
project (Ubuntu related, GNOME project, KDE project, Translation
project, ...). This will help translators/coordinators to focus in one
particular area of translations.

 - Where and how to send to upstream: For each group will be very
helpful have one page explaining how and where to submit translations to
upstream. For example, there are a lot of templates completed in LP from
Translation Project and in TP continue untranslated.

 - Export strings changed in launchpad. Allow to export one pofile from
template with the changed strings in LP.

Regards.

O Xov, 16-09-2010 ás 19:17 +0200, David Planella escribiu:

--
Sent from Ubuntu