Ubuntu 11.04 Translations Plans

John Barstow jbowtie at amathaine.com
Thu Sep 16 23:18:56 BST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 5:17 AM, David Planella
<david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> What are your thoughts and ideas? What do you think we should focus on?

I would like the ability to easily locate short, non-technical strings
to translate. Taking GTK as an example module, the first string people
see is "Error parsing option --gdk-debug". It would be much easier to
persuade people to contribute if the first string was something like
"_Add" (actually any of the stock labels in that module). Searching
for "add" brings up 11 results; the obvious one is result #5.

I believe that anything we can do to make it easier to locate and
translate commands, labels, and menu items will go a long way to help
build up confidence in new or casual contributors.