major problem with ibus 1.3.7 for ubuntu 10.10 beta no default languages installed

Zhengpeng Hou zhengpeng-hou at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 16 12:37:27 BST 2010

Hi all,
ibus supports more than 20 languages via m17n, to be more precise,
those languages supported in m17n are supported by ibus as well, but
most of ibus users are CJK users, should more than 90%, and percentage
of chinese user should be highest. suppose thats why we have
ibus-pinyin in CD by default.

Cheers
Zhengpeng

2010/9/16, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com>:
>  On 16/09/10 01:06, Computerguy wrote:
>> I am sorry for messaging you about this problem but I have gotten no
>> where with this on launchpad. While testing ubuntu 10.10 beta I found
>> major bug with ibus 1.3.7 that deals with all of the other languages
>> being installed. The problem is all of the languages are not installed
>> by default. The only 2 that show up are chinese and other. I have filed
>> a bug on lanuchpad. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/637766.
>>
>> I was wondering you might could see if this problem can be fixed before
>> ubuntu 10.10 is released.
>>
>> I have posted the steps to fix the problem.
>>
>> I am running ubuntu 10.10 beta. I am running this in virtualbox with a
>> fresh install. I clicked on the keyboard input methods. Then when I
>> clicked on the input methods tab to select an input method the only 2
>> langauges that show up are chinese and other.
>>
>> To get the all of the other lanaguages to install I had to open up
>> synaptic then search for a package called ibus-m17. Then when I
>> downloaded the ibus-m17 package and then I logged out. When I logged
>> back in and started ibus all of the other languages became available.
>>
>> Thank you, Shawn
>
> Hi Shawn, am cc'ing Martin and ubuntu-devel@ with the full context of
> your mail. I doubt we have space for every language but I would expect
> languages to come in based on language preferences in the system.
> Martin, do you know how ibus language support is packaged?
>
> Mark

从我的移动设备发送