Growing Ubuntu's cloud community

John Turek john.turek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:20:43 BST 2010

  On 9/9/2010 8:00 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> My perceptions may not match what people at Canonical are really thinking, but
> they are real and I think I am not alone.

As an outsider looking in,  watching the ubuntu-server team develop,
then turn to the cloud... there can't be a ubuntu-cloud edition without
a rock solid ubuntu-server to base it on.   I use Ubuntu Enterprise
Cloud  exclusively on our voip deployments and totally understand the
emphasis on the cloud.  There needs to be a cloud community, but it
should run as a subset of ubuntu-server community IMHO.   Even the
ubuntu-server (outside of Canonical employees and dedicated volunteer
developers) could use a makeover.

I'd love to help grow the communities.

JT