brainstorming for UDS-N - Application Developers

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 4 17:21:48 BST 2010

Hey Didier,

Sorry for the confusion.
I was referring to the other email from someone that had a point about
having tutorials for gstreamer and other upstream projects that people
can use for application development. To be clearer I think maintaining a
list of tutorials and what libs to use where is hard to maintain long
term. So its up to the upstreams to maintain the tutorials but we could
do maybe a list of links to their tutorials for instance for anything to
do with vala I like to the live.gnome.org page and it has tutorials for
most well known libs in vala to use.

Side note for more ubuntu specific stuff like desktop couch and the app
menus and stuff I think we should have more tutorials for those though
and maybe we should make a specific push to get all of those properly
documented in this release since they are fairly spotty at the moment.

--fagan