brainstorming for UDS-N - Application Developers

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 1 21:01:56 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 14:31 -0700, Rick Spencer wrote:
> We want to empower, engage and harness application developers to develop
> on and for Ubuntu. These sessions cover the many elements in achieving
> that goal.
>
> What's high on your list for this area?

(...)

> * Enhancement, changes to tools such as Glade, Gedit, etc...

I'd love to see a completely new IDE - probably based on Anjuta with
goood support for Vala, C and Python (for example code completion with
use of gobject introspection to make it smarter) . But I guess it's way
beyond Natty plans :).

> * Information Architecture for application developers, including a
> developers manual, etc...

A single place where developers could easily check what technologies do
we suggest for developing applications, how to use them and the roadmap
- what is going to be removed in the next 6,9,12 months and what is
going to replace it. If we can't provide such a roadmap at the time the
reason is worth discussing - we could really use some stability in this
regard.

Cheers

--
Sent from Ubuntu