touchpad: can we reverse up and down like iPod?

Peter Hendriks de.peter.hendriks at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:16:46 GMT 2010

Hi,

would it be possible to enhance the touchpad properties/settings with an
option for the two-finger scrolling to reverse up and down.

The reason is that when you frequently use iPod Touch and the like, the
touchscreen or touchpad is used in a way that resembles
the way when you put your fingers on a piece of paper. When you move your
fingers down, the visible part moves up. And when
you move your fingers up, the visible part becomes the lower part of the
window.

Now, without the reverse up/down, there is no alignment towards the new way
of scrolling used in not only Apple devices but
also Samsung and others use this.

Thanks! So far I have been pretty impressed by Ubuntu after abandoning Suse
10 5 years ago. Ubuntu is great. Except for the
latest iPod and iOS support but I bet it is only a matter of time. But iPod
support is a completely different topic!

Thanks again!

Peter Hendriks