Ubuntu ARM and the linaro kernels

Nicolas Pitre nicolas.pitre at linaro.org
Mon Nov 15 17:44:46 GMT 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, John Rigby wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >  Proposed plan:
> >  * Oliver/Ricardo to confirm with Ubuntu Security Team whether it's ok
> >   to base Ubuntu ARM images on linux-linaro tree as constructed
> >   currently
> I can't speak for the Ubuntu ARM folks but I believe their main concern was if
> I stopped including Ubuntu Sauce.
[...]
> The easiest way to include Ubuntu Sauce is to include all of it.  It rarely
> causes merge conflicts and I can't think of an instance where it has
> caused breakage for linux-linaro so I suggest we just keep including it all.

Sure.  So, this is therefore not a big deal, regardless of who is doing
that merge (on the Linaro or Ubuntu side) right?

Hence my question again: what is that added effort people are afraid of?
This must not be the Ubuntu sauce given John's experience.

I'm seeing some speculations wrt increased effort and would like to help
finding solutions if there is actually a problem.

Nicolas