Ubuntu ARM and the linaro kernels

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 15 17:43:51 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010, David Rusling wrote:
> Good discussion.   Stupid question - what is the Ubuntu sauce?   I'll
> ask the kernel dudes in their meeting in two minutes...

 Some Ubuntu specific patches are prefixed by "SAUCE" in their subject
 line / commit message, but the Ubuntu Sauce we refer to here is all the
 patches which get added on top to vanilla or BSP kernels when they are
 uploaded to Ubuntu.  This includes things like AUFS support so that you
 can use aufs union mounts in live images, packaging, compcache, some
 out of tree drivers (see ubuntu/ directory in an Ubuntu kernel) etc.

--
Loïc Minier