Naming sessions in Launchpad for UDS

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Wed Nov 10 09:53:08 GMT 2010

(I know I'm very late to this discussion, but want to make sure this is
clarified)

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 03:27:29PM -0600, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> Let me break that down for easy viewing:
>  * Application Developers
>  * Application Selection and Defaults
>  * Cloud
>  * Development Process
>  * Hardware Compatibility
>  * Other
>  * Ubuntu the Project
>
> We had 9 tracks last year and filled them pretty well. We're looking at
> at 2 less this year (as defined above) and probably even more sessions
> than last time (every year our material has grown).

If you missed it, you might want to review
http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2010/05/27/rethinking-the-ubuntu-developer-summit/
for some rationale for updating the format.

We haven't added or subtracted tracks; we've arranged them on a different
axis.  Sessions are now listed by topic, rather than by which team happened
to submit them.

> Unless we're cutting out slots and pushing outlying session topics into
> the community for discussions instead of proper UDS sessions...

We do not "push topics into the community", because we are part of the
community.  UDS is a community event, and all of the sessions at UDS are
"proper", whether they come from a Canonical engineering team like yours or
an individual with a passionate interest in the subject.

--
 - mdz