We'd like you to use Launchpad web service version "1.0" in Lucid

Leonard Richardson leonard.richardson at canonical.com
Wed Mar 31 22:09:05 BST 2010

A quick update. James and I spent part of today porting packages to 1.0.
In addition to searching for setPrivate, transitionTo*, and
markAsDuplicate, we had to search for hard-coded references to "beta".
References to "beta" were actually the biggest problem: either in
hard-coded service roots (which we replaced with references to the
constants in launchpadlib.uris) or in calls to Launchpad.load() (which
we removed using a workaround for bug 524775).

Four packages were ported by me of James Westby, and are now in Ubuntu
(links are to our merge proposals):

 bughugger:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~james-w/bughugger/fix-api-usage/+merge/22536

 bzr-pqm:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~james-w/bzr-pqm/fix-service-roots/+merge/22540

 lptools:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~leonardr/lptools/multiversion-support/+merge/22544

 ubuntu-qa-tools:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~leonardr/ubuntu-qa-tools/fix-api-usage/+merge/22541

Two packages were ported by others, and I took a quick look to make sure
they didn't miss anything:
 apport (ported by Martin Pitt)
 ubuntu-dev-tools (ported by Michael Bienia)

For two packages, James and I decided no changes were necessary:
 groundcontrol
 quickly

One package still needs work (James plans to be done with it tomorrow);
 bzr-builddeb

So by tomorrow we should be ready to put launchpadlib 1.5.8 in Ubuntu.

Leonard