-nouveau now set as the default driver for Nvidia hardware

Michael Casadevall sonicmctails at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 22:25:20 GMT 2010

It is intentionally disabled due to it not properly functioning on powerpc .
If you have managed to use it and got it to work, that is news to me; that
being said I think it would be too late this cycle to enable it.
Michael

On Mar 18, 2010 11:21 AM, "Aurélien Naldi" <aurelien.naldi at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Luke Yelavich <themuso at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 a...
Hi,

I just read the annoucement that nouveau is now part of the main
kernel package, which sounds great but it doesn't seem to be the case
on PPC. Is it blacklisted, blocked in some way or did I just not look
well enough ?
BTW, I don't see this change in linux-image's changelog.Debian file.

I can install the nouveau xorg driver and X works but the resolution
seems to be something like 800x600 and the colors are broken, is it
due to the lack of kernel driver ?

I'd be glad to test on PPC, but understand that this arch is far from
a priority...

Best regards.

--
Aurélien Naldi

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: http...