Idea: review + massive sync of Debian changes not involving new upstream versions?

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 18 11:33:01 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:36:26 (CET), Stefan Potyra wrote:

> Am Wednesday 17 March 2010 19:43:10 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 5 lines summary:
>>   For universe packages that don't have anybody looking at them, I
>>   propose that, instead of letting them rot after Debian Import Freeze,
>>   we instead review the Debian changes that don't introduce new upstream
>>   versions, and continue to sync them (manually) to Ubuntu to get all
>>   the bug fixes that happen in Debian.
>
> While I think that's a noble goal, I fear we lack manpower to do this.

Well, AFAIUI, Lucas suggests that creating an annotated and properly
sorted (by e.g., priority, #bugs, etc.) was not terribly complicated,
given that all that data is already stored in UDD.

I think such a list would be a great opportunity for fixing low hanging
fruits, if it can be

 a) easily updated
 b) easily commented by contributors, to quickly triage false positives

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4