Role of the Sponsorship Queue

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 5 08:43:39 GMT 2010

On 04.03.2010 20:40, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> Steps for pre-patch review
> a) check that problem still exists
> b) check that patch or debdiff apply cleanly to latest package
> c) check that package builds
> d) check that it fixes problem
> e) check that patch is sane and is the right-thing-to-do (optional)
>
> If fails on any of these steps -> canned responses & unsubscribe sponsor team
> If passes all of these steps -> subscribe sponsor team
>
> Sponsor team - Steps for patch review:
> e) check that patch is sane and is the right-thing-to-do
> f) any other stuff sponsors do
>
> If fails -> comment & unsubscribe sponsor team & canned response (eg
> subscribe sponsors after all issues address or something like that)
>
> If pass -> upload

This is not exactly what lucid-qa-fixing-bugs-with-patches (and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews) is talking about
but it's quite close and we could make changes to it if necessary.

~ubuntu-reviewers would be the team that does "pre-patch review" and the
patch-needswork tag is used to indicate that a patch is not ready yet,
so we can have separate working lists and graphs and all the rest of it it.

Features of the process: It leaves the sponsoring queue untouched so
people who just care about that list are fine and still help to solve
the problem, we have different work lists, we invite others to help us
solve the problem.

Have a great day,
 Daniel