Server Team 20100601 meeting minutes

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at
Wed Jun 2 09:42:03 BST 2010


Here are the minutes of meeting. They can also be found online with the
irc logs here:

==== Action points from the last meeting ====

 * sommer to try to move server doc spec to Ubuntu specs: DONE
 * ttx to document (or delegate documentation of ) package stack names: DONE

==== Alpha1 milestone ====

The Alpha1 milestone will be released Thursday. Please participate to
Server ISO testing[1] to get as much coverage as we can. Current known
issues include an oversized CD, due to bug 587893. smoser will publish
cloud images soon. Between now and Alpha1 we are in soft freeze and
should not upload major changes that could impact negatively the milestone.

ACTION: all to run ISO testing coverage on alpha1

ACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso tracker


==== Alpha2 subcycle status ====

The Canonical team tracks progress on their specs here[2]. Please
remember to keep your work items and Status: line updated in the
blueprints, at least once per week before Monday EOB. See the
WorkItemsHowto for more info. ttx will reset the trends line tomorrow to
something more useful to track progress.

server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades needs some attention since there
is some work separation between smoser and jjohansen, and a more
detailed work items plan is desired.

On the community side, Mail & cluster stack look in great shape. jib
asked to seperate items out for before & after feature freeze to help
track things. The doc spec is also in good shape.

ACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more
detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades


==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team ====

hggdh verified bug 565101, which should go to -updates as soon as
possible. Additionally, he also did a quick test of bug 586134, and
seems to work with 512 loop devices configured. There might be a delay
in the Eucalyptus SRU due to a potential regression on bug 566793.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team ====

jjohansen is in vacation, so no progress yet on pv-ops. SpamapS
mentioned that the proposed PTRACE changes would also affect negatively
the ops population, and will chime in on the thread to make that concern

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team ====

Lucid serverguide PDF is available on h.u.c. For next week's meeting,
sommer will present new sections for which the doc team will need input
from the server team.

ACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from server team

==== Papercuts selection for Alpha2 subcycle ====

We currently have 14 bugs nominated[3] for a desired total of 16
targets, so choosing between them should be easy. Last-minute
nominations can still occur since ttx will proceed with formal selection
tomorrow morning. You can also start assigning yourself to those you're
interested in.


==== Weekly SRU review ====

SRU nominations were reviewed. The tracker for the new SRU process is
under work, with an early view accessible at

==== Open Discussion ====

server-maverick-openldap-dit was reviewed and approved. EtienneG brought
up the question of which iSCSI target is being chosen for main/UEC: tgt
is the answer, and ccheney will work on the MIR, and zul on the

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 8th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Thierry Carrez
Ubuntu server team

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list