Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 26 23:23:51 GMT 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Rick Spencer
<rick.spencer at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 21:03 -0200, Carlos Ribeiro wrote:
> Note that we are not in any way restricting users' choice. Users are
> totally free to choose their search provider, and it is very easy to
> change. In the meantime, support for Ubuntu is a *good thing*. So,
> agreed, we should listen to reasonable and informed feedback, and I
> firmly intend to.

I can't think of any rational kind of argument against it. It's no
less or more freedom restricting than having Google as a search engine
provider. Maybe in a few decades we'll have web search that will run
on 100% free software then we can switch to that instead :)

-Jonathan