Analysis of 10 years of bugzilla.mozilla.org

Ted Gould ted at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 26 22:40:11 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 16:33 -0500, Karl Fogel wrote:
>   - What percentage of bugs are dups?  Does dup filing correlate with karma?

I'm going to guess now, or at least not in the way that you expect.  And
one of the reason there is apport.  I'll tend to file bugs that then get
labeled as duplicates by apport, but I couldn't have made that decision
myself so I filled them anyway.

None the less, I think it'd be interesting to provide some statistics
like this in the Launchpad interface for project managers.  Things like
a graph of the number of reporters over time, etc.  I know that
sometimes I'll look at Ohloh.net and notice things like "wow, I really
haven't put enough comments in my code on this project"  I imagine
graphs like that might do the same thing for LP project managers.
Hopefully they could find problems in their communities before they
become large.

		--Ted