Server papercuts: call for nominations
thierry.carrez at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 22 13:03:10 GMT 2010
For those that don't know about it already, the "Server papercuts"
project aims at identifying and fixing Server usability issues and minor
annoyances that make the life of the Ubuntu Server sysadmin more
miserable than it should be.
See more information at:
The Launchpad project was created:
Together with a team of nomination triagers, that you're welcome to join:
We are now in a phase where we need everyone's help in identifying
suitable papercut candidates. So now it's time to nominate your personal
pet bug, your favorite minor annoyance, your preferred PITA ! Here is
the process to follow:
1. If the papercut isn't already filed as an Ubuntu bug in Launchpad,
file a bug against the affected Ubuntu package
2. Look up the bug you want to nominate as a Server papercut, then click
on "Also affects project"
3. Click "Choose another project" and type in "server-papercuts", click
4. Click on "Add to Bug report"
That's it ! Your bug will now show up on the Server papercuts buglist at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/server-papercuts and we'll Confirm or
Invalid-ate it soon.
A few guidelines on what makes a good Server papercut:
* Bug affects a server package
* Bug has an obvious and easy fix
* Bug makes the life of the sysadmin more miserable
A few guidelines on what *doesn't* make a good Server papercut:
* New features
* Large-scale improvements that affect multiple packages
* Your solution is likely to result in a new papercut for someone else
For more details, complete acceptation criteria is described in the
project spec at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerPapercutsSpec.
Good hunt !
Ubuntu Server team
More information about the ubuntu-devel