strange upgrade bugs with "cannot access archive: No such file or directory"

Savvas Radevic vicedar at
Mon Jan 18 09:51:15 GMT 2010

Maybe one of the following:
1. Not enough free space?
2. Problems with ext4? (Maybe the file got corrupt during a hard reboot?)
3. Maybe they have adsl or cable internet with limited
downloading/uploading. Perhaps once they reached the limit, the file was
downloaded as an HTML page or something of that sort. ("E: Read error - read
(9: Bad file descriptor)")

For (2), I had a totally weird bug once and the question still remains
between ext4 and dpkg:

It was a one-time thing and never happened again. But I still think it was
ext4. :)