Start irqbalance by default

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 11 10:43:19 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 08:14:47PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
>  - Are there downsides to running irqbalance on SMP systems - e.g., does
>    using both CPUs for IRQs mean waking up processors that otherwise would
>    be allowed to sleep, resulting in more power usage on systems where
>    performance is not the primary concern?

Oh, I forgot to mention: irqbalance can go into power-save mode in which
it will route all interrupts to fewer CPU's.

There's a documentation page that explains a lot of this stuff:

   http://irqbalance.org/documentation.php

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team