-nouveau now set as the default driver for Nvidia hardware

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 08:51:53 GMT 2010

Congratulations to the Nouveau project. It's been a long time in the
making and we've got a ways to go, but it's proof if anything that open,
collaborative development is a potent force in making productive moves
forwards.

I'm particularly happy that KMS will be in there as problems with nvidia
have plagued particular users who have experienced resolution changes
with reboots as the system flips unexpectedly between being able to
detect the monitor and not.

Now if I understand correctly the -nvidia driver doesn't yet support KMS
right, so it's boot will actually be less attractive?

Martin,