Package Sets and Sponsoring

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 9 15:58:18 GMT 2010

Hey,

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:38:46AM +0000, James Westby wrote:
>On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:17:25 +0100, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> with some help of James Westby, I ported the sponsoring overview to make
>> use of package sets yesterday:
>>
>> 	http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/
>>
>> 1. So in the "origin" column you will see which package set a bug comes
>> from (and branches once the branch for bug 411357 has landed).
>
>Landed.
>
>> In the second part of my mail, I'd like to suggest to collapse the
>> ubuntu-universe-sponsors and ubuntu-main-sponsors teams into one
>> (ubuntu-sponsors). With the advent of package sets and permissions
>> changes this model just doesn't make sense any more and it makes the
>> process unnecessarily complicated.
>
>I support things that make the process easier for contributors, so I
>would be in favour of this as I only look at the filtered view now.

Aren't most developers still members of ~motu or ~ubuntu-core-dev, and
most packages still not part of sets and still in main or universe?

i.e. isn't the old distinction somewhat relevant? as a member of ~motu
only the u-u-s list was indeed the list of packages that I could
sponsor (unless something changed without me knowing).

Iain