[LONG] Re: "Exec format error" bugs

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Feb 8 22:56:01 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 05:09 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> What's the difference in
> Ubuntu that causes all these reporters to suffer such error, I had
> never
> seen that one before, and it's not been reported in our BTS either.
> Are
> all those reporters using ext4 or ubifs?

As a datapoint, I can say that I have had similar 0-byte file issues
which showed up in dmesg. The same was reported by others, too:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ecryptfs-utils/+bug/372014

I had run a Karmic install that had been upgraded from Jaunty and
therefore used ext3. Later I reinstalled, using ext4, and only then the
errors started.