Netbook remix

Christopher James Halse Rogers raof at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 2 04:41:11 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Parth Joshi <parth at parthjoshi.com> wrote:
> I realized that it is a meta package,
> But how to get the source then. The first dilemma with me is that i am not
> able relate to the package which i actually wanna customize. I looked in for
> Ubuntu Developer Wiki but in vain.
> I will tell you, my actual need: I am building some business solution
> applications for local companies here. Want i want is, to customize Launcher
> UI

You'll find this in the “netbook-launcher” package.

> / Desktop Look and feel (not from theme manager)

Desktop look & feel is standard GTK + Metacity, pretty much - the
settings you manage from the theme manager.  The
“ubuntu-netbook-default-settings” package has the default settings for
those bits.

> and also language
> translations all in Ubuntu Netbook Remix Packages.

Mostly these will be shipped in the packages themselves.  For packages
in Main you'll find them in language-pack-$LANGUAGE_CODE, and these
are handled through Launchpad.  I'm less familiar with this process,
though.