[Bulk] Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

Dan Trevino dantrevino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:14:32 GMT 2010

Granted this is free money for Canonical, but Yahoo isn't going to make the
deal if they don't expect to turn a profit.

This is not "giving" money to their enemy because they are generous. This is
buying an opportunity to make a profit themselves.

My guess is search results are gonna be tuned to this specific audience. Not
hard to do.  And not very far fetched.

Prepare for more Get The FUD ads Ubuntu Firefox users!

I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but they don't exactly have a stellar record with
partners.

Dan

On Feb 1, 2010 12:44 PM, "Mackenzie Morgan" <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday 28 January 2010 7:30:42 am Vishnoo wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:36 -0500, Michael R...
Yep.  I always click the Microsoft ads on Linux sites.  Then Microsoft has
give money to people who promote Linux.  Don't see how forcing them to pay
their "enemy" is a bad thing!

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: http...