proposed universe demotion: virt-manager (or, a request for active maintenance)

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre mathieu.tl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 02:52:57 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Serge van Ginderachter
<serge at vanginderachter.be> wrote:
[...]
> - Canonical/Ubuntu internal discussions on how "server team" and "desktop
> team" are separate entities which can't manage to agree on the full stack of
> end user experience are not what I call "professional support". (Imho
> virt-manager is part of the server offering, end of discussion.

It's mostly that it's a grey area. That aspect has been well explained
by Dustin, so I won't get back into it... Note that I'm not part of
any of these teams, but I think it does tend to be getting into the
MOTU team's task (at least in my understanding of the current state of
things, as well as with the archive reorg.), and as such a demotion to
universe would likely increase the amount of attention virt-manager
could get.

FWIW, +1 from me for option B. :)

I for one am interested in bringing it back to a better state. I've
started to take a look at the global picture for its bugs and code,
and I am planning on getting some triaging work done probably
tomorrow, time permitting.

Regards,

/ Matt