Open-BSD scandal and concerns for Debian/Ubuntu

Rodney V rodney at hmchan.org
Wed Dec 15 17:31:13 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am longtime user of Ubuntu, and I have concern regarding the recent
allegations of the FBI placing malicious code in OpenBSD.

Please forward this to other lists as you see fit.

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/12/fbi-accused-of-planting-backdoor-in-openbsd-ipsec-stack.ars

The reason for my concern is that the alleged code has been undetected
for at least 10 years... This worries me that other distributions
running Unix like enviroments may also be compromised by malicious code
undetected in the Debian/Ubuntu systems as well- including
applications for a very long time.

I am asking that Devs and the community please perform a code audit. I
know this may sound tedious, but the security of Ubuntu/Debian should
not allowed to be compromised by anyone.

Regards, Rodney.