Improving UDS

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:19:05 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 11:36 -0800, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback!

Jono, I did a little mind map based on my past experience that might (or
might not) be helpful for UDS planning:

http://imagebin.ca/view/0pJwdCZh.html

If we use the same door sign generating scripts, I think we could colour
code the sessions and make it easier to identify what kind of session it
is. It would be nice if it was a combination of general area and desired
outcome.

i. Considering the replacement of the desktop application Foo with Bar
ii. Tasks to do for LoCo Event Orange Bravo.
iii. Effect of replacing YOrg with Whoalend.

etc, etc. The important thing is that all of these bits of information
don't need to be presented to the attendee, the name normally takes care
of that. We can just put subtle hints in colours, locations or other
organisation design to give people a feeling of what the session will be
about.

Martin,