Maverick Kernel Configuration

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Mon Aug 30 15:37:11 BST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 15:25 -0700, Leann Ogasawara wrote:

> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Configs/LucidToMaverick
> [2] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/configs/

FYI only -- I don't claim to be an authoritative source for this, but
I've noticed lately CONFIG_INTEL_IPS to be quite noisy. I just learned
about it today, and I blacklisted it because it is my understanding it
is mainly used for overclocking (I could be wrong), and I was happy
without it in Lucid. There has been a bit of recent discussion
surrounding this driver at:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/8/24/762

If nothing else, you may want to be prepared to answer questions/bug
reports surrounding this driver.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com