Maverick Kernel Configuration

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Fri Aug 27 23:25:23 BST 2010

Hi All,

With the Ubuntu 10.10 Beta release approaching and the Ubuntu 10.10
release on the horizon, the Ubuntu kernel team feels this is an
appropriate time to advertise what we intend to be the final kernel
configurations for all of the main distro and ports kernel flavors.  The
purpose is to expose the main configuration changes and provide pointers
to the full configurations for those who are interested.

In general, there hasn't been any radical kernel config changes between
Lucid and Maverick.  As usual, we've enabled a number of new drivers and
features that were brought in with the newer 2.6.35 kernel.  To aid in
the comparison of kernel config changes from Lucid to Maverick we have
generated a delta report [1].  We have also posted the full Lucid and
Maverick configurations for each flavor [2].

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Configs/LucidToMaverick
[2] http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/configs/