Request For Candidates: Application Review Board

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Aug 26 13:14:51 BST 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:57:27AM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> > My understanding is that with Quickly, it is already a one-click process
> why should someone use Quickly alone?

Nobody _has_ to use Quickly.
Nobody _has_ to use K/Ubuntu.

The point is to get /one/ set of [development] parts, [packaging] interfaces
and [upload] processes _defined_ and to make it work. ("show me the code")

After that, anyone is welcome to go and code up equivalent tools,
development environments---or even to hand-hack their source packages by
inputing raw octets using dip-switches and rows of light bulbs.

The _*/problem/*_ here is how to get packages from $own_ppa into Ubuntu with
a level ease equivalent to the {iPhone,Android,Palm,Ovi} stores.

	-Paul
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three.  Somewhere, GB.