Request For Candidates: Application Review Board

Christoph Witzany mail at doublemalt.net
Tue Aug 17 12:45:53 BST 2010

On 08/17/2010 12:37 PM, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> On Monday, August 16, 2010 05:52:38 pm Martin Pitt wrote:
>
>> Stephan Hermann [2010-08-16 16:46 +0200]:
>>
>>> So, we are pushing those "non-permanent" applications to ubuntu and we
>>> (as in ubuntu) take care, that this doesn't destroy our distro?
>>>
>> Hm, I think this misunderstanding keeps appearing here: The entire
>> point of those apps are that we _don't_ have to include them all into
>> Ubuntu.
>>
> ra

While I think it would be wise to make this software clearly
distinguishable from Ubuntu(Community) supported applications (maybe by
another Category like the partner repository), I do not think that the
hosting by Ubuntu/Canonical matters too much.

Likewise in the Android market nobody would blame Google for strangely
behaving apps and there is no strict QA or other authorization process
(IPhone ...) in place.