ubuntu-devel Digest, Vol 72, Issue 20

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 16 21:45:43 BST 2010

Hi Charlie (2010.08.16_20:43:30_+0200)
> The way I look at it you had to go through it, I had to go through it,
> why should app developers be any different?

I assume what's being aimed for here is something to compete with the
"app stores" some other platforms have. To encourage people to develop
applications for Ubuntu, and to make it easy for them to get them out to
users through a supported channel.

This would be a first step in the process, and if they got a bunch of
users, they'd be prodded to maintain their package in Debian / Ubuntu
the normal way.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera