Place for DDs and DMs to request syncs

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 15 12:12:50 BST 2010

Am Sonntag, den 15.08.2010, 10:38 +0200 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> On 14/08/10 at 16:21 +0200, Michael Bienia wrote:
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better for those DD to inform a team (or mailing list)
> > and let them handle it further? As those DDs don't want to get involved
> > into Ubuntu processes too much (or at all), I wouldn't assume they know
> > what to do to get their updated package into Ubuntu besides to inform
> > "Ubuntu".
>
> Exactly, that's why Jorge's email suggested a mailing list where Debian
> maintainers would send their requests/suggestions, and Ubuntu developers
> would then process them.

Ok, then let's setup a mailing list for it or do we already have a
mailing list for ubuntu-sponsors? Then let's add an option to
requestsync to report to this mailing list, but ask the requesters if
they are familiar with Ubuntu's processes. If not, requestsync should
note that in the request that maybe a merge is required. requestsync
could ask if the changes are bug fixes only or introduce new features.

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)