Request For Candidates: Application Review Board

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Sat Aug 14 13:02:45 BST 2010

On 2010-08-13 12:39:49 -0700, Rick Spencer wrote:
> I don't think anyone is specifically responsible for ensuring that
> applications go into the current development release.. Maverick will be
> the first release where we are using this process, so we will learn a
> lot and tweak the process as needed to improve it. For example, if a
> path that includes both the stable release and the development release
> is deemed required, we can add such as a path.

When thinking about it then this seems to be a benefit in this new
process compared to REVU. A reason why I don't do reviews on REVU
anymore are the hit-and-run packagers (they vanish once the package is
in the archive). Sure, the new process will have them too but at least
those packages "auto-expire" with the release and don't get copied into
each new release where they bit-rot. If a packager is really interested
in his package, he will update it and re-propose to the next release.

Michael