Review: Syncing from testing a success?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 20 13:02:37 BST 2010

Hello Kees,

Kees Cook [2010-04-08 13:38 -0700]:
> >  (4) made library transitions easier or harder
>
> I wasn't directly involved in any, but my gut said this was actually
> harder, since it created some issues when suddenly everything for
> a transition appeared in testing, instead of following the same
> order/progression as they went into unstable.

How was this a problem in Ubuntu? At first sight this seems to be an
advantage to me, since when that happens we know that all the reverse
dependencies finally build with the new library and there are no
urgent RC bugs left any more.

Did the new packages not have strict enough versioned build
dependencies, so that they built too early and failed?

Thanks,

Martin