Packages list of Ubuntu dists / default Ubuntu dist

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 16 10:55:13 BST 2010

        Hey there

 At the end of karmic we tried updating packages with awareness of the
 Ubuntu dist names to prepare for lucid, such as debootstrap, devscripts
 and such.  This made it easier to e.g. create lucid chroot in the early
 weeks of lucid while people were still running karmic.  I saw this
 started to happen with maverick preparations in lucid; great!  This is
 my list of packages which need an update that I know of, and the type
 of information they carry when I know it:

    * bzr-builddeb
    * debootstrap: only list of dists
    * devscripts
    * lintian
    * pbuilder: only default dist
    * ubuntu-dev-tools: both list of dists and default dist
    * vim: only list of dists
    * vm-builder: both list of dists and default dist

 From this list, debootstrap and vm-builder haven't been updated (or
 perhaps are pending an update); vm-builder is a bit harder to update as
 I fear the list of kernel flavours might change in maverick, so I'm not
 sure it's a good idea to encode it in the lucid package.

    Cheers
--
Loïc Minier