Review: Syncing from testing a success?

Daniel Hahler ubuntu+lists at thequod.de
Fri Apr 9 19:10:21 BST 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 22:45:19 Benjamin Drung wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 08.04.2010, 13:38 -0700 schrieb Kees Cook:
> > My general opinion is that for _development_ we should return to
> > unstable, and during _stabilization_ we could sync from testing.  I've
> > long suspected that the auto-sync stops much too early.  If we auto-sync
> > from unstable until the current cut-off, and then auto-sync from testing
> > for a while after that, I think we'll get the best of both worlds.
>
> +1

Yes, +1

Side note: "grab-merge" / merges.ubuntu.com should support both sources.
"grab-merge" would default to either testing (more "stable"), the current
source (unstable during development, testing afterwards => default needs to
change/upload), or "unstable" (since you are grabbing a merge, it is more
likely that it's from unstable - preferred and what is missing currently at
all).

Cheers,
Daniel