[CALL FOR TESTING] bluez 4.63 in lucid
baptiste.millemathias at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 12:53:24 BST 2010
Hello dear all ubuntu developers and users,
We're shipping currently bluez 4.60 in lucid, and I wanted to have some
feedback from people if bluez 4.63 could solved some bugs (Bluez
developpers did a
bluetooth hackweek which gave birth to 4.61) or at least if it doesn't
To install this version of bluez you just need to add my PPA with
- “sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bmillemathias/ppa”,
- "sudo apt-get update" and install the proposed bluez upgrade.
HOW TO TEST:
- Unpair your device and Pair it using gnome-bluetooth.
- If you have a audio capable device (like a headset or a gateway),
connect to it in gnome-bluetooth and try to play music on it (it should
be listed on the output tab of the sound preferences).
- Test OBEXpush and OBEXftp functionnality (respectively in
gnome-blueooth and gnome-user-share application).
- Check there is no regression in regards with 4.60 version.
You can report problem (or enhancements :) as replies to this mail or in
Thanks for your attention.
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés
More information about the ubuntu-devel