Question regarding the new login theme and using other gdm themes

Dennis Beekman d.c.beekman.devel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 10:04:38 BST 2009

Thanks for all the info so far... al though it really puts me off ubuntu if
it is true.
Considering that we want company's and other commercial users to start
installing Ubuntu, making a move to a new system wich cannot be branded or
adapted like the original GDM a bad one.
Company's always want they're own logo's and wallpapers to be shown on
they're computer and if this cannot be done with ubuntu than i fear they
will not consider using it anymore.

In my eye's the ability to change the theming and appearance of linux is one
of its strong points and a clear advantage over Windows... that said i am
really worried about this development of GDM2.
I would have expected more option to be added instead of removing all option
all together....

I sutainly can't sell this to my supervisor without branding... so i will
have to look for another distro to use at this school.

Thanks though for clearing this up and saving me some time and a lot of
headaches trying to figure this out :-)

Dennis Beekman