Default Profile setting in Pulse Audio Configuration Karmic Alpha6

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Sep 29 05:57:58 BST 2009

Pete Graner wrote:
> On 09/27/2009 02:59 AM, bwallum wrote:
>> Bugs are being reported due to default settings not enabling
>> microphones. Could we set the default Profile as "Analog Stereo Duplex"
>> in Sound Preferences, tab Hardware AND Volume Control, tab
>> Configuration?
>>
>> There may be some inconsistency in the placing of Profile control. There
>> may also be an issue with mic1 not working (although mic2 does) even
>> with the above default Profile suggestion.
>
> This is best sent to the ubuntu-devel list (now cc'd).
>
> Thanks
>
> ~pete

My laptop has 3 microphone devices according to PulseAudio - Line in,
Mic1, and Mic2.  One is a built in microphone, the other is a front
microphone port -- is there anyway that the interface could tell me
which is which?  Is this standardized at all (eg is mic1 always the
built in?)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie