UEC/Eucalyptus installation test: 20090927.1

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Mon Sep 28 15:22:23 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 02:08:01PM -0700, Daniel Nurmi wrote:
> Another snag may be that, unless my understanding is incorrect, the cloud
> service is not running at installation time, which will prevent the ability
> to register.  Is this still true?

I'm not sure how it was before, but this is a non-issue with my
auto-registration branch.

> That being said, I believe the opinion was that the node registration
> process could be kicked off by the admin manually, after the front-end has
> been in installed, whenever new nodes have come up.  Registration of nodes
> is idempotent, so the process could also be put into the CC init script if
> partial automation is desired (CC would register whatever any nodes that are
> running every time it starts).

Colin feels the same way, so I think that's the way we'll go for now.  The
question is: does manual node registration work correctly with the latest
Karmic bits?  How about with my auto-registration branch?

--
 - mdz