UEC/Eucalyptus installation test: 20090927.1

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 27 21:33:25 BST 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 08:16:06PM +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>  * eucalyptus-cc is started before eucalyptus-cloud in the rc.d order.
>    Shouldn't this be the other way around?

I've fixed this part in bzr (I think; this sort of munging is fiddly!).

>  * None of the scripts seem to wait for the service to come up before moving
>    on, so the ordering won't help much until that's fixed

They're meant to (see register_local_cloud), although they only check
for the service appearing on the port. If the service doesn't actually
work yet once it starts listening on the port, then (a) we'll need to
figure out a reliable way to tell when it actually starts working, and
(b) I think that would be a Eucalyptus bug that needs to be fixed.

Or are you referring to something else?