Packaging Help

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 24 12:17:14 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 20:59 +0200 schrieb Andreas Heck:
> As someone you just recently tries to contribute packages to Ubuntu I
> think the biggest problem at the moment is that REVU seems to be dead
> during freeze.
>
> Of course you can't get something in at the moment anyway and there are
> more important tasks at the moment for sure but nevertheless it can take
> away some enthusiasm from prospective contributors and makes the process
> look more bureaucratic than it actually is.

I like the idea of a cheat-sheet. What would belong on there?

      * general introduction of where to find information about
        packaging
      * how to contribute stuff
      * what we focus on in which part of the cycle, what we DON'T do
      * an overview of where fixes/updates/etc. to stable go and how
        that works
      * ... what else? :-)

Have a great day,
 Daniel