Packaging Help

Andreas Heck aheck at gmx.de
Wed Sep 23 19:59:51 BST 2009

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 23.09.2009, 14:26 +0200 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
> Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 13:30 -0400 schrieb Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre:
> > Being part of these "people who use PPAs and express a great deal of
> > interest in Ubuntu", I find that it is indeed not so hard, once you
> > know the right places to look for information. Finding that
> > information can sometimes be hard though. Or it's just a number of
> > little commands that one needs to remember to type before publishing a
> > package.

I think this problem could be solved by a packaging cheat sheet :)

As someone you just recently tries to contribute packages to Ubuntu I
think the biggest problem at the moment is that REVU seems to be dead
during freeze.

Of course you can't get something in at the moment anyway and there are
more important tasks at the moment for sure but nevertheless it can take
away some enthusiasm from prospective contributors and makes the process
look more bureaucratic than it actually is.

Best regards,

Andreas