On-Call Reviews in #ubuntu-reviews

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Sep 11 22:16:25 BST 2009

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:35:33 +0200 Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 08:10:33AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>>>The Launchpad Team had a similar discussion already:
>>>https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg00830.html
>> The Launchpad team isn't doing distro development
>
>Indeed, they are not. However, they do have what to me seems like an
>excellent review process and culture going on.
>
>> and it would be prudent not to learn too many lessons about how Ubuntu
>> should work from their very different project.
>
>The fact that they're not working on a distro doesn't automatically
>invalidate any and all experiences they've gathered.
>
>Just sayin'.

Certainly, but we focus a lot more on growing our development community
through teaching new developers AFAICT.  Doing reviews in a "public" place
is benificial for this.

I can certainly see that either way has advantages and disadvantages.  For
Ubuntu, I think optimizing for exposing more people to the information to
be learned in a review is the better answer.

Scott K