On-Call Reviews in #ubuntu-reviews

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Sep 10 13:10:33 BST 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:14:22 +0200 Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 09:50 +0200 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
>> The experience we had in the session was that the channel got very busy
>> very quickly, which is why I suggested the creation of another, more
>> quiet channel.
>
>The Launchpad Team had a similar discussion already:
>https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg00830.html
>
>More opinions?

We advertise #ubuntu-motu as the place to go to learn about packaging.  I don't think having it
be the place to learn about packaging, except if you want to review actual details about
packaging, that's a different channel works very well.

The Launchpad team isn't doing distro development and it would be prudent
not to learn too many lessons about how Ubuntu should work from their very
different project.

Scott K