MOTU Release done for Karmic

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 28 18:00:47 GMT 2009

Scott Ritchie [2009-10-28 10:50 -0700]:
> Is there a way we could speed up SRUs for the next week?  As I
> understand it the current process requires uploading the package to
> Lucid before backporting the fix.
>
> Does this mean updates are going to be impossible until Lucid is
> available?  I have a package ready to go into -proposed today, however
> if I have to wait until Lucid is open to upload that could be much longer.

If you have an SRU which meets the criteria, and a bug prepared
accordingly (justification, ubuntu-sru subscribed, etc.), please
upload it. The queue is open, and I'll process them as fast as
possible right after release.

Right after the release bugs can't be fixed in the dev release first
obviously. We will just create lucid tasks and then binary copy the
karmic-proposed updates to lucid once it opens, so don't worry about
that.

Martin