UEC appliance

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 19 10:51:22 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 12:32:29PM -0500, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 5:25 AM, Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> Once that was all done, I tried to clean up after myself, and shut
>> down the VM. I tar'ed up the resulting disk image using
> What did you do to clean up after yourself?  I think it would be
> useful to have a list of best practices here.

I agree. Most of this shouldn't necessary, though, since it should be
done from a post-install script in VMBuilder. In that case, there's no
clutter in auth.log from sudo, there's no bash history to clean up,
apt-get clean (which I think I embarrassingly forgot this time around)
is done by VMBuilder, and no mysql history to clean out either.

> I figured there would probably be some other logs in /var/log that
> perhaps should be cleaned? What about clearing swap space?

I did not mount any swap space, so that was easy.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team