2009-10-07 UEC Testing

Thierry Carrez thierry.carrez at canonical.com
Wed Oct 7 14:07:21 BST 2009

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> The last ISO is still from yesterday noon. I asked for a respin now and
> will test it this morning.

I installed 20091007 twice.
First time it failed autoregistration, second time it succeeded.

I spent a few hours on this to get it right, I think the bottom of this
incertainty is that the timeout is too short (for port 8443 which on
first boot takes around 1 minute to show up). On the successful try, it
was only 5 seconds away from reaching the timeout. I committed a fix to
increase it, see

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/445294
Failure to autoregister components on first reboot after install

There is still a combination of factors that make registration happen
later than it should:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/445361
When DHCP address is obtained late, post-start scripts fail
Basically if the poststart script started its check loop before an IP
address was obtained, it would never succeed and would timeout. Fix
committed.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/443325
/services/Heartbeat fails on exception
The check for -sc and -walrus is currently busted, so those poststart
would always fail and timeout. I'm on it

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eucalyptus/+bug/444504
Autoregistration is always attempted, whatever post-start returns
This "bug" actually allows the autoregistration to succeed, despite the
two previous bugs. Will fix it when the previous one is fixed, obviously.

--
Thierry Carrez
Technical lead, Ubuntu server team || Canonical Ltd.